Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12 Days of Inspired Christmas! Hanukkah Inspired Look!

Hanukkah, is a very special holiday to the ones who celebrate it. Like Kailyn and I have mentioned before, there are different holidays that people celebrate this time of year. And what better than to do another inspired look to honor those holidays. It just happens that today was the first day of Hanukkah! :) So Happy Hanukkah! I do not know much about this holiday. But I do know that every night one more candle is lit, repeating for 8 days. And each night the candles stay lit for about one and half hours after dark. I love how different celebrations have their own culture and history behind them! :) Today both me and Kailyn, wanted to do a makeup look to inspire you who celebrate this holiday, to have a look just for you! Also, if you don't celebrate this traditional holiday, you can even just take what you want and make the lip your own!





I was looking at pictures of the candle lightings, and I came across this picture. And I got my whole inspiration from this lovely picture!




How I created this look:

I first applied a white base, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, to my tear duct and under brown bone. I then placed a dark navy blue base, NYX Junbo Eye Pencil in Slate, to my lid.

I then placed a soft matte brown color in my crease and blended up to use as a blending/transition color. Next I choose three different shades of blue I wanted to use from my BH Cosmetics 88 Shimmer Palette.

I placed the lightest blue shade on the inner part of my eye, then placing the next darker color to the center of my lid, finally placing Gunmetal from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, on the outer corner. Applying all these colors with patting motions to create a soft ombre of blue color. Once all placed just slightly blend the blue a little into the crease, with a fluffy blending brush. NOT adding more color just blending any harsh lines that may have formed.

Then, with the same fluffy brush, I put a little bit of Half Baked, from the UD Naked Palette, and just lightly put a shine of gold above my crease. Then pick of the same color and apply that under lower lash line, tear duct, and drag into crease and first third of lid. Again apply with patting motion on lid, to create a nice blend.




To finish up the look, contour your face with a matte bronzer, applying only where you need to enhance features. Once that is done, you can use a blush if you wish. But I wanted to just add a little bit more simmer! :) So I applied the shimmery gold color from E.L.F's golden bronzer compact as a blush/highlight.

Then just to pull the whole look a little bit more into the holiday season. I applied a matte red lipstick from Revlon, I used the shade 007. Then topped it off with a bronze lipstick from NYX, in the shade, Earth Angel. I then wanted just a little bit more of a plump look along with a little bit more gold touch. So I tapped Half Baked on the center of my upper and lower lip.

You now have a fun and festive inspired Hanukkah look! :)




I hope that if you celebrate Hanukkah, that this is the best one yet! And if you do celebrate it please tell me a little bit more about it! I love learning about other beliefs and celebrations! :)

And if you don't celebrate this holiday, I hope you can just find this look fun and exciting and try it out! :) 

Don't forget to check out Kailyn's look. I am positive it is one you will want to try out instantly! :)

Please subscribe to my youtube channel! If I get a request from a look on here I will always post it on there for you to actually see how to recreate the look! :) 
cosmolindsey

Wanna talk/share more with me? You can always reach me here!

*Stay tuned for more looks! Also follow if you haven't already! I will be holding a special giveaway just on my blog at 50 followers! :)

xoxo,
Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment